U.S. Virgin Islands Health Information Exchange (USVI HIE)
USVI Department of Human Services contracted CommHIT to perform an Environmental Scan of the USVI healthcare delivery system. See CommHIT’s full report
Florida Department of Health Office of Rural Health
commissioned CommHIT to address “COVID-19 Telehealth and Telemedicine Expansion Needs of Rural Communities.”
Rural Roads to Connected Care
CommHIT’s U.S. Department of Labor-supported Program is providing 250 eligible individuals in rural Florida with
up to $3k each in training and support for healthcare occupations.
CommHIT’s Federal Communications Commission (FCC)-approved Consortium
Nationwide, CommHIT helps nonprofit medical facilities, public health facilities, and post secondary learning institutions recoup up to 65% of ongoing and one-time IT costs through special Federal Programs
Under Department of Labor, Employment, and Training Administration (DoL) grants, CommHIT is partnering with medical facility employers, learning institutions, government agencies, and workforce development boards to meet the workforce demands of the post-COVID environment. Resources are available for more people to be trained and working in healthcare, behavioral health, health technology, and digital security occupations
Information Sharing & Analysis Organizations (ISACs)
Is your organization ready for a breach? Digital security threats are too diverse and dynamic for any organization to handle alone. Manage your risk and protect your patients by joining the Population Health ISAC (PH-ISAC) or the Community & Transportation ISAC (C&T-ISAC) to reduce the chances of a breach happening. If you ever have breach, these ISACs help with incident reporting and avoiding federal penalties/liabilities
Welcome to CommHIT!
CommHIT (short for CommunityHealth IT) is a 501(c)(6) at the Kennedy Space Center that connects people to their community’s health services, resources, and information. CommHIT helps health systems and safety net medical facilities overcome the barriers that slow health information technology (HIT) adoption by helping them:
- recoup substantial IT costs through federal programs
- navigate federal HIT regulations and healthcare delivery changes
- participate in institutional review board (IRB)-approved research that improves their financial bottom line and patient care
- transmit health data securely and privately
- avoid data breaches
- avoid federal penalties were your organization to ever experience a breach caused by a cybersecurity event
- receive digital security training with nationally-recognized certificates for workforce development
- transport patients in a COVID-19 sensitive manner with our newest service MyHealthDrīv
CommHIT does its work so you can do your work, taking great care of patients.
A health information exchange connecting patients to their healthcare professionals and the services they need.