Our goal is to increase the number of skilled workers in direct care health occupations in rural Florida.
The occupations are ones that are drastically needed – and equally under-represented – in almost all Florida safety net medical facilities that serve rural communities.
RRCC is CommHIT’s US program funded by the Department of Labor (DoL). RRCC provides 250 eligible individuals in rural Florida communities with up to $3,000 in grant-funded job training, instructional services, and support to prepare them for select direct care health occupations.
- Community health workers (CHWs)
- Dental assistants
- Diagnostic medical sonographers
- Home health aides
- Licensed practical nurses (LPNs)
- Licensed vocational nurses (LVNs)
- Registered nurses (RNs)
- Medical assistants (MAs)
- Emergency medical technician
- Community paramedic
- Certified paramedic
- Critical care transport paramedic
- Emergency medical responder
- Child, family, and school social workers
- Mental health counselors
- Psychiatric technicians
- Substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors
This list is NOT exhaustive. Have a DIRECT healthcare occupation need? Let us know!